Thursday, July 5, 2012

What I've Been Up To

5. Painting and decorating our laundry room. Everyone needs a fun laundry room right?! Kinda. Everyone needs a fun laundry room so that you can trick yourself into thinking that
laundry is fun. Duh! I have glued over 500 clothespins together, and I'm only on "N," to create the word "laundry." I can honestly say, this is the most boring and dumb craft I've ever wasted my time on.

4. Trying to style my wild, curly hair without looking like Diana Ross. This is a struggle.

                                                                                                    source

3. Waking up at the crack of dawn to have some time alone. Is it bad that I put my kid to sleep late so I can have some extra time in the morning? If so, take me to jail.


2. Taking a break from Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and good ole Pinterest. Let's just say I've been playing Temple Run on my iPhone...A lot. 

1. Praying for patience. Like hourly. I am convinced that the Fruits of the Spirit were specifically made by God so that toddlers would test their parents and make sure they are using them. And if you're weak in a certain area, that one gets tested even more. For instance, I'm struggling with patience, so God is making sure that my kid works overtime to test my patience.

For example,

Me: Go grab your shoes, Jaxsen.
Jaxsen: NO! (TEST 1)
Me: Don't tell mommy no! Go get your shoes.
Jaxsen: NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO (TEST 2)
Me: Oh Jesus, patience, patience, patience, patience, patience, patience, patience, patience, patience, patience, patience, patience, patience, patience, patience, patience!
Jaxsen: (starts hitting my leg) Mommy, Mommy! What is patience?!?! (Test 3)
Me: (smiling through my teeth) Patience is mommy choosing to smile instead of screaming at the top of my lungs like I would like to. Now go and get your shoes. (Huge grin)

TEST PASSED!
(Que the singing angels)


What have you been up to?


XXOO,



No comments:

Post a Comment