Friday, June 8, 2012

Make Your Own Laundry Soap

Did you know you can make your own laundry soap?
 Well yes! It's true, you can!
The beginning of 2012, I decided to stop using chemicals to clean our home.
Why?
Well because there is a lot of icky stuff in our cleaning products that aren't very good for us. For example, did you know that Tide Free & Gentle has cancer causing ingredients in it?! I mean, I'm no genius, but there is nothing "free or gentle" about cancer.
 Please don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that if you don't make this laundry soap, you'll die. I'm just saying this is a great alternative that I hope you'll consider.
 This alternative happens to be a really cheap one too. The ingredients cost about $13.00 and the soap should last 4-6 months, depending on how much you use. Mine lasted 5 months. The original recipe I used, said it lasted her 9 months. But she only used one tablespoon per load and added Oxyclean to the recipe.

 


-What you need-
1 box of Washing Soda (4 lb)
1 box of Borax (76 oz)
1 box of Baking Soda (4 lb)
1 bar of Fels Naptha
1 (3) gallon tub with a lid
A food processor or a hand grater




*Note: This is the worst part of the whole process. (Unless you use your food processor).
*Warning: You may reconsider at this point.
*Advice: Don't quit. It's totally worth it.



That's all folks! Here's a tip, write down the recipe and tape it to the 3 gallon tub so that the recipe is handy when you run out. This stuff really works great! Also, click the link to  check out the article about Tide Free and Gentle - http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/health/could-tide-detergent-cause-cancer
 Let me know if you have any questions.

XOXO,















No comments:

Post a Comment